Why Is My Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
The following are the most common causes of Canon Pixma printer printing blank pages:
- There could be a problem with the Canon printer’s hardware or printer drivers.
- There could be a problem with the cartridge since it was not correctly placed.
- Canon printer printing blank pages can be caused by low ink levels or other fundamental issues.
- Due to a vacuum blockage in your printer.
- This issue could potentially be caused by corrupted software.
Methods To Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
Check Ink Level
The following step is to inspect your ink or toner cartridges. Your printer or computer may not always tell you when your ink or toner levels are low.
As a result, you’ll have to check them yourself. Here’s one method for checking cartridge levels.
- Check that your computer and printer both are connected.
- Locate the settings menu on your computer and navigate to the “Devices and printers” section.
- Depending on the computer, select “Options and supplies” or “View printer status.”
- When you select the “Supply levels” option, your ink and toner levels will be displayed.
If they are low, you should replace them. If they are not low, proceed to the next troubleshooting suggestion.
Perform Deep Cleaning Using Printer Settings
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows desktop screen, and then click the “Devices and Printers” option.
- After right-clicking on the model name of your Canon printer, select “Properties” from the menu that appears.
- Check “Device Settings” in the printer properties section and then click “Preferences.”
- Select the “Print head option” from the “Preference” menu. Then, click on the option “Services and Clean Print Head”.
- You may need to repeat the previous option in the preceding point numerous times until the print head is thoroughly cleaned.
- Choose “Deep cleaning” and “Nozzle check” from the “Maintenance” menu.
- Perform a print test to see if the printer is now printing properly.
Printer Driver Update
- To begin, press the Windows Home key + S to bring up the Search window. Then select ‘Device Manager’.
- When the Device Manager is opened, expand on the ‘Print Queue’ option.
- Then, right-click on your printer and select the ‘Update Driver’ option to see if an update is available.
- Now, click the ‘Update’ button to install it.
- After that, restart yourprinter and do a print test.
Reinstall Canon Printer Driver
If the printer is still printing blank pages, reinstall the driver by doing the following steps:
- Go to the control panel, then enter ‘Programs and Features’ and look for your printer driver.
- Uninstall the driver program by right-clicking it.
- Restart your computer and download the printer driver from ij start canon again.
Clear the Print Heads
This problem also occurs when the printer is not used for an extended period of time. As a result, gently clean the cartridge’s clogged areas by following these steps:
- To begin, turn off the printer and remove the unclogged print heads.
- Take the cartridge out of the Canon printer.
- Then, wipe down the printer with a clean, soft cloth.
- Install a new ink cartridge and restart the printer.