The Deccan Education Society established Fergusson College in Pune in 1895 and it began operations the same year. This nation-building university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes. In addition to degree programmes, the college offers students certificate programmes, special courses, vocational courses, and PhD programmes.
The college offers undergraduate B.A. programmes in fifteen courses and B.Sc. programmes in thirteen subjects, all of which are taught by faculty members of the arts and sciences. It provides an M.A. in four arts stream disciplines and an M.Sc. in fourteen. The college offers PhD programmes in English, Botany, Environmental Science, Electronic Science, and Physics to students at the doctorate level.
The College accepts online applications for admission. Candidates may fill out and submit their applications online. Admission to the college is based on merit in compliance with the University’s policies. Admission to postgraduate studies is determined equally by merit and entrance examination results. And admission to all other certifications, diplomas, and special courses is solely through an entrance examination.
Fergusson College Pune – Highlights
|College Name||Fergusson College|
|Affiliation||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Courses||B.A., B.Sc, B.Voc, M.Sc, M.A.|
|Address||F.C. Road, Pune 411004|
Courses Offered by Fergusson College
Fergusson College Pune provides a total of 34 undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Fergusson College in Pune exclusively offers full-time studies. Undergraduate courses are available at B.Sc, B.A, and B.Voc colleges. Fergusson College, Pune’s UG courses last three years. Fergusson College, Pune offers M.Sc. and M.A. PG courses. The PG course offered by the college is two years long. The Fergusson College, Pune B.Sc price structure ranges from Rs. 26,360 to Rs. 2,12,000. The cost structure for the M.Sc course offered by the college, on the other hand, goes from Rs. 14,770 to Rs. 65,890.
Fergusson College Course Admission
Admission to BA, B.Sc, B.Voc, and Certification programmes is entirely based on merit.
Admission to MA and M.Sc. programmes is granted on a 50:50 basis based on merit and entrance.
Candidates for PhD admission must have obtained valid marks in the entrance examination.
Process To Apply
Fergusson College will conduct student admissions online in 2023. Applicants must submit their applications online only. The following is the procedure:
- Open the college’s main website.
- Open the Admissions link or menu by clicking it.
- Download the admission form
- Fill in the necessary information carefully.
- Upload all essential paperwork for verification.
- Pay the $500 application fee through a recognised payment channel using internet banking/debit/credit card (only online transactions are accepted).
- Marwari College Ranchi Courses And Fees | College Placements
- Mithibai College Mumbai Course Admissons Fees, Eligibility, Placements And Facilities
- American College Madurai | American College Course Admission
- Loyola College Course Admissions Process 2023 | Course Details | Scholarship
- Asutosh College, Kolkata | Asutosh College Admission | Courses | Placements
Fergusson College Facilities
- Spacious Classrooms: The college features large, well-ventilated classrooms where traditional teaching aids can be used for lectures.
- Laboratories: The institution contains 52 laboratories for general studies and programmes, with 15 dedicated solely to research.
- Other Teaching/Learning Facilities: Other learning centres and laboratories for language studies, computer laboratories, and other IT zones provide students with internet connectivity.
- Amphi-theatre/Audio-Visual Halls: The college also has its own amphitheatre as well as 13 additional audio-visual halls for holding extra-curricular activities for students.
- Accommodation: Inside the college grounds, there are six separate hostels for both boys and females. The wardens supervise and care for the hostels. The hostels can accommodate 441 male students and 230 female students. Mess, medical facilities, open guest rooms for parents, a gymnasium (for ladies), television, security cameras, and CCTV are among the amenities provided to students in hostels.
Fergusson College Placements
The Fergusson College Pune offers a placement department that serves as a link between students and employers. The College placement unit assists students in training and developing their abilities through industrial visits, seminars, guest lectures, and other activities. According to the NIRF data for 2023, a total of 2515 students are eligible, with 247 pupils placed. The average wage package for UG 3-year students is Rs. 40,000. In comparison, the average remuneration package for PG 2-year students is Rs. 4,50,000. The median wage package for PG 3-year students was Rs. 400,000.
Fergusson College Scholarships
The Fergusson College Pune provides scholarships to students who meet the eligibility requirements for those awards. Scholarships are available to students in a variety of forms. The college offers a variety of scholarships to students, including Central government scholarships, State government scholarships, National scholarships, and many more. According to the information published on the Fergusson College official website, 37 scholarships and freeships are available to students.