Every industry has been impacted by technological innovation, and your IT devices are no exception. IT gadgets including mobile phones, laptops, and desktop computers have transitioned from infrared connections to Bluetooth and now Wi-Fi since the invention of Wi-Fi. HP printers have recently become more technologically advanced and can now print via Wi-Fi. Printing traditionally is no longer necessary; you may print from your phone, laptop, or desktop computer. In this post, you will learn four methods on how to connect HP Printer to WiFi:
How To Connect HP Printer To WiFi – Setup Guide
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
- HP Printer Wireless Setup
- WPS Push Button Connect
- Connect HP Printer Without A Router
Connect Your HP Printer To WiFi
Method 1: HP Auto Wireless Connect
As the name suggests, it automatically connects your HP printer to your wireless network. It means you won’t need a network cable or network configuration information like a network username and password to connect.
Let’s go over how to use HP Auto Wireless Connect to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi.
- The first step is to install the HP printer software on your computer or laptop.
- Enter your printer model on the HP Support page to obtain the recommended HP Printer software for your device. Then, download the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
- Before starting the software, turn on your printer, and when requested for an Ethernet or wireless connection type, select wireless. Next, select “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)” .
- It takes a few minutes for the printer to connect. When finished, click ‘Finish,’ and your HP Printer is ready to print your preferred document.
Method 2: HP Printer Wireless Setup
The method is especially useful when a local network is unavailable or when you switch ISPs or routers. HP Printer Wireless Setup is done using your printer’s Control Panel and is only applicable to HP printers with graphical displays.
Furthermore, there is a distinction between connecting your HP printer with and without a touchscreen.
HP Printer Wireless Setup for Touch Screen
To connect your HP printer to a Wi-Fi network, utilize the Wireless Setup option on the printer’s control panel. The steps given below will assist you in doing this.
- Disconnect any Ethernet or USB wires from your HP printer and place it near the Wi-Fi router.
- Select the Wireless option from the printer’s control panel. You can also go to the Network menu and select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- To authenticate the connection, select the network name you want to connect to and enter the password (WEP or WPA key). If the printer does not recognize the network, you can enter a new network name manually.
HP Printer Wireless Setup for Non-Touch Screen
Non-touchscreen printers are unique in that you cannot access the printer’s Control Panel from any screen. You must utilize your IT device’s Control Panel to accomplish this by pressing the Wi-Fi and power buttons (found on the back of the printer).
Method 3: WPS Push Button Connect
You may have a printer and router that support the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Push Button connection option. In this situation, you can connect your printer to Wi-Fi in two minutes by pressing a button on your router and printer. For setting up this type of connection, follow the procedures below:
- Position the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- On your printer, press the (Wi-Fi) button. For HP printers without a touchscreen, push the Wireless button for five seconds until the light begins to flash. For tango printers, hold down the Wi-Fi and power buttons (found on the back of the printer) for five seconds, or until the blue light flashes.
- Hold down the WPS button on your router for around two minutes, or until the connection is established.
- Wait for the wireless bar or light on the printer to cease blinking; your printer is now linked to the Wi-Fi network.
Note: If your computer asks for a pin throughout the process, get it from your printer screen; if it doesn’t appear, get it from your Wi-Fi Protected Setup in the Control Panel. To access the Wireless menu, HP printers with touch screens display their control panels on a screen.
Method 4: Connect HP Printer Without A Router
A router may be an important expenditure for your printer if used at home or in a small business. So there is a way to connect your HP printers without using a router. This router is made feasible by the HP Wireless Direct and Wi-Fi Direct options.
The only difference between the two is that Wi-Fi Direct allows you to connect to the internet while printing, whereas HP Wireless Direct does not.
The steps below will guide you through the process of connecting to HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct.
- From the Control Panel (Printer), enable Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct. Then, to enable the Wireless Direct connection, click the HP Wireless Direct icon or navigate to Network Setup/ Wireless Settings.
- Connect to HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct on your mobile device or PC in the same way that you would any wireless network.
- You will be required to enter a WPA2 password for security reasons.
- On your device, open the document you want to print and select ‘File’, then ‘Print.’
Note: If your mobile device’s app does not enable printing, you must download and install an updated HP Printer Service Plugin app.
After reviewing the numerous options for connecting an HP printer to Wi-Fi, choose the best option based on the availability of a router and the type of HP printer accessible. The detailed instructions provided under each method will guide you through the process of connecting your HP Printer to WiFi.
Get A Free Call Back.From Our Technician.