Asutosh College, which was founded in 1916, is a pioneering educational institution in West Bengal. It is the state’s first institution to be accredited by NAAC with a ‘A’ rating. The college offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Diploma programmes in Arts, Science, and Commerce. Admission to UG programmes is based on merit, whilst admission to PG programs is based on entrance exam scores. The admissions process is online, with an application cost of INR Rs 500/200.
Asutosh College – Highlights
|NAAC Grade – A
|92, Shyamaprasad Mukherjee Road, Kolkata, India, West Bengal
|033 2455 4504
- Loyola College Course Admissions Process 2023 | Course Details | Scholarship
- American College Madurai | American College Course Admission
- Mithibai College Mumbai Course Admissons Fees, Eligibility, Placements And Facilities
- Munger University Student Login | Online Registration Steps
The college provides 41 diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programmes. Courses are available in the fields of trade, science, computer application, and information technology, among others. B.Sc. (Hons), B.A. (Hons), B.B.A, M.Sc., and M.A. are some of the most popular Asutosh College courses. All UG and PG courses last three years and two years, respectively. The college’s qualifying conditions varies for each Asutosh College Kolkata course. Candidates must meet the qualifying criteria in order to take admission to the institute’s courses. The college offers the programs to students on a full-time basis.
Asutosh College Admission
At Asutosh College, admission is based on merit and entrance exam scores. The college also holds GD and PI rounds for various courses.
Application Process for Admission
- Visit the college’s official website.
- Select the Admissions Tab.
- Select “First-year admission” and then click Apply Online.
- Fill out the application and pay the application fees at any BOB branch using a credit card, debit card, net banking, or bank challan.
- Each student must complete the Calcutta University Registration Form, which is available at the college office.
- The registration form will be issued only after the payments have been paid.
- To obtain the Roll No., Fees Book, and Identity Card, submit the completed registration form along with the admission form to the college office.
- Selected candidates must print the Admission form and fee payment voucher from the college website, complete both, and attach all required papers.
Infrastructure and Facilities
Asutosh College features a large, well-kept campus that provides a peaceful learning atmosphere. The buildings are modern and equipped with modern technology, and Asutosh College facilitates student learning and faculty teaching. Asutosh College’s classrooms, lecture halls, and labs are big, comfortable, and built to provide an ideal learning environment. The library is also excellent, with a large selection of books, internet tools, and competent librarians.
The college is well-known for its large library, which houses a collection of 90,000 books. It provides students with a separate reading room with different sections. Staff members that are well-trained and experienced administer the library. It also has a 4 Mbps broadband internet connection.
It is the only institution in South Kolkata that provides its students with a hostel. There are separate residential buildings for male and female students. Seats are assigned on a merit-cumulative-distance basis.
The college provides frequent sporting programs to promote the physical development of its students. It holds the distinction of having won the intercollegiate knockout title for six years in a row.
The college features a well-equipped seminar hall where classes and workshops are held. It has high-quality audio and projection equipment. It can easily hold 150 people at once.
The institute maintains a job placement cell that organizes campus placement drives. The job placement cell’s goal is to give students with job prospects when they complete their academic degrees. Every year, Indian and multinational corporations attend Asutosh College placements and hire qualified students. The placement cell maintains contact with corporations in order to provide job opportunities. Asutosh College Kolkata’s placement unit is made up of faculty members with extensive professional expertise. The college placement also organizes a number of lectures and workshops for students.
Asutosh College has relationships with a number of reputable Indian and multinational firms, which visit the campus and pick a big number of students for recruitment and placement as Program-Trainees, Process-Executives, and others. TCS, Satyam Computers Ltd., Wipro, Accenture, Genpact, Ranbaxy, and others are among the recruiters.
Improving humanity’s well-being through increasing human resource potential through high-quality technical education and training.
To achieve supremacy in technical education by integrating research and industry practices for social relevance.