This article explains how to setup your Canon PIXMA MX922 to a wireless LAN using the Standard Setup and WPS PIN code method.
Setup Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless – Standard Setup Method
Follow the given steps to setup Canon PIXMA MX922 printer:
- Press the printer’s Menu button.
- Highlight the WLAN setup using the arrow keys, then press OK.
- The printer looks for neighboring wireless networks.
- Standard setup is selected on the screen below. Click the OK button.
- The printer looks for neighboring networks and presents a list on the screen. To select your network from the list, use the up/down arrow keys. Then press the OK button.
- If your wireless router requires a password, the Enter pass screen appears. In addition, if your wireless network does not have a password, the printer will join to the network automatically; when it does, press OK.
- The printer makes an attempt to connect to the network.
- When the printer connects to the network, click OK.
If the printer is unable to connect to a wireless network
- Click OK to confirm that the password you entered is correct.
- Make any necessary changes.
- If the password is correct, unplug the router for 15 seconds, then reconnect it. Try connecting again.
Also Read: Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Setup
Setup Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless – WPS PIN Code Method
Some wireless routers let you connect devices using a WPS PIN code. Follow the instructions below to begin a wireless connection setup for the PIXMA MX922 using the WPS PIN code method.
- Select the Menu button.
- Select the WLAN setup using the arrows. Click the OK button.
- The printer will look for wireless networks in the area.
- Select WPS by using the arrows. Click the OK button.
- Select the PIN code method using the arrows. Click the OK button.
- A PIN code displayed on the screen.
- Your router’s PIN code must be input. Please refer to your router’s documentation for instructions on how to enter a PIN code from a device.
- The printer will attempt to connect to the network when the PIN code has been input into the router.
- After connecting the printer, press the OK button.
Setup Canon PIXMA MX922 To Wi-Fi Using Advanced Setup Method
- Select the other setup option and then press the OK button.
- After that, select advanced setup to install the Canon Pixma mx922 printer. Click OK once more.
- Then, select the access point and then click OK again.
- Tap on the access point’s security protocol and then click OK.
- If the left screen shows, select OK. If the screen shown on the right appears, press the copy button.
Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Setup – Windows
- To begin, power on your printer, Windows PC, and WiFi router.
- Connect the printer to the wireless network by following the steps described above.
- Then, go to the Canon website and download the driver.
- When the download is complete, follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer driver software.
- Then, navigate to the start menu.
- Open the control panel.
- Select the ‘Devices and Printers’ tab.
- Choose “Add a printer option.”
- Choose your network printer from the given list.
- Connecting the Canon wireless Pixma mx922 printer to a Windows PC takes only a few seconds.
- Now, run a print test to ensure that your printer is properly connected.
Canon PIXMA MX922 Wireless Setup – Mac
- Turn on your printer, WiFi network, and Mac.
- Then, using the above-mentioned instructions, connect the printer to the WiFi router.
- Following that, go to the canon website to download and install the Canon printer driver.
- Now, go to the ‘Apple’ menu.
- Select System and Preference.
- Then select printer and scanner option.
- Click on the + Add sign in the lower left corner.
- Now, choose your Canon printer from the list of available printers.
- Continue to follow the onscreen instructions, and your printer setup is complete.
Canon PIXMA MX922 Setup Via USB Cable
Follow these instructions to connect the Canon Pixma MX922 through USB:
- Check that the printer and the Windows PC are both turned on. Connect the printer and the Windows PC using a USB cable.
- Then, go to canon.com to download and install the printer driver.
- Then, from the Windows search results, select Control Panel.
- Tap on the Add printer option after clicking on Printer and Driver.
- Select your printer from the Windows screen that appears.
- Your printer will be added to the Windows PC in a few seconds.
Hope this article is useful to our readers as they set up their Canon Pixma MX922 Printer.
Other Related Articles: